Friday, April 15, 2022

Family history miscellaneous album, page 16

 


Irene and Cleffie Hicks
(That's Judsonia, Arkansas, in the background.)

Cleffie Hicks (my grandmother)

Cleffie Hicks

Elvin Hicks, Jr.

Ulysses F. Hicks (my great-grandfather)

Ulysses ("Ulys") and his sister Charlotte ("Aunt Tot")

Bernice, Olan, Lowell Hicks (the three youngest of the nine Hicks siblings)

"Brother McNutt and Brother Burgess" is what it says on the back of the picture.
I assume they were Church of Christ preachers.

Ruby, Irene, Cleffie, Elvin, Evalee
The first five of the nine Hicks siblings.
(Cleffie told me they had been eating watermelon, and that's why they look so dirty.)

Cleffie once told me about the hats -- I can't remember if it was Annie or Ulys who liked to see the children wearing hats. Hats are featured in quite a few of the family photos of the Hicks family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.