Tuesday, April 07, 2026

View Master Slides

 Remember View Master? 


When I was in the process of scanning all the family photo negatives, I ran across a packet of View Master reels. We got online and found a place that would develop them for us. Here are the pictures that were on those reels. Apparently at one time it was an option to get your camera film developed into a View Master reel. (Seems like I vaguely remember that from a LONG time ago.)

This group photo was taken in Watervliet, Michigan, at Lester and Cleffie's house. I think this must have been 1956. Apparently Lester's brothers George, Neil, and Deb, had all come to Michigan to visit -- Neil & Mildred with their daughter Donnie, George & Willie Mae with grandchildren Larry and Linda Slocum. Lester & Cleffie's children in this photo are Wathada (she was 19 years old and married) and Ronnie. The other three children in this photo are unknown to me. They don't match the ages of any of George's or Deb's grandchildren that I know of. Deb & Florence are not in this picture. (If any of my folks recognize them, I'd sure appreciate the info.)


Top left: Florence and Deb Burford, Lester and Cleffie Burford
Top right: Florence and Deb Burford
Bottom left: Willie Mae (George's wife), Mildred (Neil's wife), Cleffie (Lester's wife)
Bottom right: George, Lester, Neil Burford

Top left: Larry Slocum, Ronnie Burford, and unknown boy.
Top right: I don't know who that girl is, looks like she is about to kick Lester and Cleffie.
Bottom left: Lester and Cleffie with their youngest son Ronnie.
Bottom right: Cleffie (left) and Florence on a seesaw.

Top left: Me
Bottom right: Wathada (my mom), me, Red (my dad).
These pictures were taken in front of our house on Union Street in Bangor, Michigan. We had just moved into that house. (The house in the background belonged to Ashel and Marian Miller, across the street from our house.) Mom was expecting Rick, who was born in October of 1956.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.