Friday, February 24, 2023

On This Day in Family History - February 24

 Amy Lorene Tamsett Carter was born 24 February 1882


The Tamsett family was related to the Carter and Arnold families in several ways.
First off, Sarah Tamsett was the midwife who delivered my grandmother, Cleffie Hicks (Burford) into this world on 08 August 1917. (You can read all about it in my book "The Woods Is Full of 'Em")
 
Photo: Sarah E. Johnson Tamsett
Sarah was married to Jackson Tamsett
Photo: Jackson and Sarah Tamsett, parents of Jessie, Amy, Albert, and Sarah Ellen

Photos: Jessie Tamsett, Albert Tamsett (I don't have a picture of Sarah Ellen.)
*   *   *
Amy Tamsett married John Martin Carter, brother of my great-great-grandmother Adaline Carter Arnold. John and Amy had eight children: Othinal, Ned, Lovada, Agnes, Ollie, Elmer, Eulene, and Ruth. (I won't post all their pictures here, although I do have pictures of all of them.)
Photo: John and Amy Tamsett Carter
*   *   *
Jessie Tamsett married George Ned Arnold, brother of my great-grandmother Annie Arnold Hicks, and they had eight children: Amos, Arbie, Wilma, twins Obie and Opie, Mildred, Verlie, and Joan
Photo: George and Jessie Tamsett Arnold with Amos, Opie & Obie, Wilma, and Arbie
*   *   *
Jackson Tamsett's sister Josie married George Bullard... which leads us to another whole branch of in-laws -- the Bullards -- which are connected in several MORE ways to the Arnold family (but that's a story for another day)
Photo: George and Josephine Bullard, with their daughter Leona

Leona married William Limuel Phalamil Hamby, and they had at least one child that I know of 
Photo: Mel Hamby, son of Leona Bullard Hamby

I also have a picture of a Euna Hamby, but I haven't been able to yet confirm exactly how she is related.
Photo: Euna Hamby

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.