Monday, June 28, 2021

June 28

 HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO...

Marcus Elmer Treat 1874-1956


Marcus Treat was married to Massie Parker and they were the parents of my grandmother (my dad's mother) Christie.
They were also the parents of Ray, John, and Madge.

I was one year old when Marcus died, so I don't have any conscious memories of him. In our family history my dad wrote of him:
 
He was a woodsman, farmer and Teamster as well as a blacksmith and in later years he worked as a brick mason... He was a stocky man around six feet tall and over two hundred pounds who possessed a very dry sense of humor. His nickname to most of his friends was "Jiggs" which was a comic strip character for the newspapers titled "Maggie & Jiggs". He drove a Ford Model "A" with a standard type of transmission, but rarely used second gear. He went from first to third gears directly. He usually made only 'rolling stops' at traffic signs and lights which on occasion were frowned upon by traffic officers.

In this group photo, taken at John and Mabel's 25th anniversary, Marcus is 2nd from right. There is a post-it note stuck to the back of this photograph that Aunt Faun put there when she sent me the picture:













No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.