Tuesday, October 24, 2023

On This Day in Family History - October 24

 Barbara Irene 'Bobbie' Barnett was born 24 October 1943

Bobbie is the daughter of Doc and Irene Hicks Barnett
Irene is a sister of my grandmother Cleffie Hicks Burford
Photo: Irene and Cleffie Hicks

Bobbie is the youngest of four girls - Velma, June, Betty, and Bobbie




What I remember, growing up, is that all four girls were called by double names -- an old Southern tradition that is still alive and well -- Velma Lee, Melba June, Betty Ruth, and Bobbie Rene. (That's not pronounced like Renee. It's "reen" - So Barbara Irene becomes "Bobbie Reen") When I was a kid I thought that was the coolest thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.