Sunday, November 13, 2022

Fun and games with family history

 


This was among our family photos, right? But for the longest time I had NO IDEA who she was or how she was related to me. And then one day, the FamilySearch website revealed to me that she was my 11th cousin 3 times removed on the Thomas side of the family.

Now don't ask me why, but I was looking for her again today and... She showed up as my 11th cousin once removed, on the BURFORD side of the family!!

Wait, what?

Um... okay. It seems her husband, Clarence Eldon Walters, traces HIS ancestry back through Alexander Oscar Burford... all the way back to Katherine Croshaw in 1586, Gravesend, Kent, England.

Theressa Plume Walters traces HER ancestry back through George H. Thomas... all the way back to Elizabeth Ann Stone in 1526, Milford, Surrey, England

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.