Sunday, February 06, 2022

Carter/Arnold reunion 1994



Sylvia was a cousin to my grandmother Cleffie Hicks Burford. Cleffie's mother Annie and Sylvia's father Marlie were brother and sister. Sylvia and Cleffie were born the same year -- 1917.

I was not at the reunion in 1990 or 1994. The pictures I have from those years came from my mother (Wathada) and Cleffie. The reunion had been held at Pine Grove Cemetery in Floral, Arkansas, every year, but then they started having it at the public park in Heber Springs, Arkansas. I'm not sure, but from looking at the pictures, it seems like maybe it had become a 2-day event by then. Anyway, 1990 and 1994 are the only years I know of that my mother attended the reunion. She was working on the family history and genealogy at that time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.